NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Final decision time guys.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Simon

well done, excellent choice.

Be sure to read all the info dotted around the forums. I was pretty disappointed with my 150 dob, it was crystal on the moon but jupiter was a bit ... fuzzy !

After reading around the posts by the very knowledgeable people here i realized the importance of cooling the scope to match the outside conditions, it didn't seem that important to me at first and thought it was a bit "O.T.T." but it really makes a massive difference !

to put it into context, you know on a hot summers day you sometimes see a rippling haze coming off the pavement up to the sky, well thats what you are looking through inside your tube, warm moist air radiating from your nice warm mirror, up the tube !

Also dont be tempted to carry the scope by the 'tensioner that doubles as a carry handle' it WILL hurt your back. So much so that I've considered changing to a smaller scope ! I've been doing that as it seems so convinient but I carry the tube and the mount seperately now, much easier... now I'm looking at getting a bigger one !:)

keep reading and learning but most importantly enjoy it!

All the best

Knobby

heh what we need is a bionic eye so we can see the full spectrum :) eaither way looks like you get some good views via the naked eye too but those deeps sky ones you captured are just amazing just makes you wanna jump into space and go visit them all :) just ashame we cant :icon_scratch:.

then we wouldn't need telescopes either. lol

i keep the scope in the coolest room in the house so that cooldown is not too much of a problem :)

In regards to carryinng the scope!, dam it is heavy and I couldnt carry it i eaither get a hand or take it in two parts.

I just need to do the finder scope so its on target with the crosshair which i think during the day will be better :)

If I get to use the scope a couple of good nights a month i will be happy :icon_scratch: unfortunatly where my house is a few planets dissapear from the scopes line of sight rather fast so my first objective is to view those first. ;)

Quick question is the 10mm of the 25 best to view the planets ?

i keep the scope in the coolest room in the house so that cooldown is not too much of a problem :)

In regards to carryinng the scope!, dam it is heavy and I couldnt carry it i eaither get a hand or take it in two parts.

I just need to do the finder scope so its on target with the crosshair which i think during the day will be better :)

If I get to use the scope a couple of good nights a month i will be happy :icon_scratch: unfortunatly where my house is a few planets dissapear from the scopes line of sight rather fast so my first objective is to view those first. ;)

Quick question is the 10mm of the 25 best to view the planets ?

Line it up with the 25mmm then if seeing is up to it swap it for the 10mm, it'll vary depending on the conditions

You can certainly use it on your scope. It's good for not having to twist in awkward positions to look through - saves your neck and back :D

tell me about it, i was aligning it today andi was getting some painfull cramping :headbang: so i think i may get this as it will be way easier, plus reading it, the image is the correct way up too.

Archived