Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

10mm Delos on the bay

spaceboy

The seller may have got wind of the build issue that is being discussed on Cloudynights I reckon. TV have not reacted very quickly to explaining / sorting it.

It will still probably go for a silly price though, knowing e.bay :p

The Ebay Delos will probably go for silly money. There's also a nice one month old 9mm t6 Nagler on Ebay at the minute. It may not have the glam of the Delos but does have an 82* fov and is as sharp as a tack. It should be able to be bought for £150-180. With all the attention on the Delos someone might just get a bargain on the Nagler.

Yeh it's not good when you hear a new range from Televue is suffering build quality. There reputation goes a long way to selling their eyepieces and they will certainly need to keep that good reputation to help sell the EP's at there new prices. I have to say having recently had chance to try the Sky-watcher Nirvana in my C100ED I would not have chosen a Nagler over that given the difference in price. The Nirvanas really come out of there shell in slower scopes. I have been surprised to see a fair few TV eyepieces for sale on eBay and AB&S recently. I would have thought recent price hikes would have encouraged owners to think twice about letting their TV EP's go as to go with a TV replacement is so much more expensive.

I have found people are just asking that little bit more for their eyepieces and they are not selling anywhere near as fast, i couldnt persude someone to part with a 13mm ethos for less that £380 the other day.. pretty bad really, many naglers sitting unsold at an increased price of 175 ish.. maybe people are trying to cash in on the price increase for some reason?

It's the nature of the beast. You think the same time last year TV had a 20% off sale. Anyone buying back then will have been able to use a premium EP to see if it's for them or not and now there has been a price increase the opportunity has arose to sell at the price they paid for it. No money lost and the use of a premium EP for a year. You may find the 13mm Etho would have been around £380 at TH's old prices minus 20% :D

Not much chance of that the way everyone raves on about TV's. I have seen it mentioned many times on SGL that some people refer to TV eyepieces as an investment and because of this Televues biggest salesman is it's customer.

Archived