Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter and moons

geppetto

I have seen four moons on one side of Jupiter before but never in that formation! :shock: That's really great!

Did you do another exposure for the planet? If you did I would love to see the two combined.

The WO66 appears to be a very versatile little scope judging by the images that have been posted on the forum.

CW

Yes, that makes a very attractive picture. An unusual grouping that. I don't know how long it would take to find a repeat of that layout.

Perhaps some orbital mechanical engineer on the site could give an estimate on that.

I agree with CW, that little scope is performing out of its skin tube.

I think you ought to have labeled the moons though Phil. :wink:

Ron. :cool:

I saw that myself at about the same time :cool: I was setting up to image J and the moons looked really good through the eyepiece. I wish now that I had taken the time to over expose and capture the moons.

I blame Mrs Legion. :wink: I hadn't been home from work long and I was getting it in the neck big time for not only setting up, but having the temerity to open a Bud!!! : :shock: Jeez, it's been a tough week and I'm really, really not interested in what happened in Eastenders. Grrrr.

I'm processing the avi (note singular...Grrrr) now. I'll post the results in Planetary soon.

well,like you guys ,I managed to get a reasonably good view of J and the moons in that config, but found myself interrupted by inquisitive farmers, (I was up at Otley Chevin), blinding me with their H-lights as they came up to ask " what can yer see there mate?" answer ..."B****R ALL!! , I'm now blind".

then clouds ,then problems with power and NOT one BL**DY AVI !!

sorry guys it's not been a good day and t'nite started off reasonably clear and looked hopeful and I've been itching to get out there!

The Becks is helping now I'm back at home

Well done though Phil!!

Karlo

Did you do another exposure for the planet?

I thought that If I combine two exposures then the brighter one would spoiled the darker one. How can I combine them anyway? Do I need to take the same amount of frames for both AVIs please? I would have thought that brighter exposure must have less frames. :wink:

Great image Philip! I have never seen moons in this formation

I thought that If I combine two exposures then the brighter one would spoiled the darker one. How can I combine them anyway?

You layer them in Photoshop, use the overexposed planet to align the two images, then erase the planet from the overexposed image. Simple to say (or type) and nearly as simple to do.

Kaptain Klevtsov

I thought that If I combine two exposures then the brighter one would spoiled the darker one. How can I combine them anyway?

You layer them in Photoshop, use the overexposed planet to align the two images, then erase the planet from the overexposed image. Simple to say (or type) and nearly as simple to do.

Kaptain Klevtsov

Thanks KK! :wink:

Maritn :cool:

Cheers guys 8)

I was pleased to get the Toucam/barlow to focus to be honest

as it's a lot of fiddling to get the W66 to reach focus sometimes.

Still, now I know the tube combinations, it will be a doddle next time :insects1:

Got JupSat Pro somewhere so will dig it out and label the moons for Ron :wink:

Took some AVI's for the planet but as before this season, I get little more than

a wobbly blob.

Jupiter is really low here and doesn't clear next doors roof by much with lots of

turbulance :?

Nice to be out though 8)

Archived