Clavé Plössls

Darkmatter

...a great EP that spends quite a bit of time in my 7" F12 Newtonian :(

7" F/12 newtonian :D

That is going to be some scope for planetary / lunar / binary stars :)

I've not had the pleasure of trying a Clave Plossl as yet - it's on my "to do list" though :)

• 5 years later...

Hello,

Do anyone know if there is a good website with a lot of history on Clavé ? I can't find anything really complete on French websites, nor in English.. but maybe Google is not listing it all... I very much would like to know the real difference between all generations of EP's, how to recognise them, what is so specific about the Pic du Midi ones, how to differentiate them, and so on...

Thanks,

Sylvain

In reply to disciplus55 (Silvain) there is a thread running here https://www.astromart.com/forums/viewpost.asp?forum_post_id=342745 that may provide a bit more Clave history info. I  was asked to advise non astro relatives on various pieces on astro kit  value for a deceased's estate. There were several Claves plus two Apos (Takahashi & Vixen) and three different sets of image stabilised  bins.

Hope this helps.

5 hours ago, disciplus55 said:

Thanks a lot, yes I had seen that thread, indeed... that is the hidden sad side of Clavé items : their original owners are not that young anymore :-(

Yes indeed, I'm now 76.   :eek:

On 2012-2-26 at 14:16, Peter Drew said:

I have just one, a 16mm, it's one of my best eyepieces and gets frequent use. It was given me by someone who claimed it was useless and only good fo a paperweight! :D

I bet that if you did have two 16mm Claves, you wouldn't tell me! :happy72:

Mike

I have some Clavé, I like them, I find some now and then in France, they often need to be cleaned, but overall they perform quite good. I am just puzzled by very low amount of datas and information we can get about that brand... especially if you compare to the amount of info we can get about Zeiss for example.

6 hours ago, disciplus55 said:

I have some Clavé, I like them, I find some now and then in France, they often need to be cleaned, but overall they perform quite good. I am just puzzled by very low amount of datas and information we can get about that brand... especially if you compare to the amount of info we can get about Zeiss for example.

Zeiss has a much wider recognition in optics of almost any sort (microscopy, telescopes, photography (medium format, 35mm, and now DSLRs, and much besides). Zeiss still exists, of course, which may help. Zeiss also developed many groundbreaking techniques (coatings, pentaprisms, Abbe orthoscopics, to name but a few). I

Archived