Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Aurora from Iceland

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am thinking of going to the Thingvellir when I go. Is there anything there at night or is it just you by yourself? Also, can you see the milky way clearly?

I went on one of the organised 'touristy' bus tours so there were lots of other people. But depending which part you go to though it will be either completely isolated or like where we went would have been a campsite in summer and had a small cafe and toilet block.

I can't remember seeing the Milky Way although I'm pretty sure it would have been there. We had nearly a full moon though which wouldn't have helped, but otherwise no light pollution at all.

beautiful have seen them up north in aberdeen but never that intense [i found them strangely eerie and i was awestruck] love your pics and wish i had been there looks like a viewing of a lifetime [things to see b4 your 50 number 2] number 1 is swim with dolphins:o

Archived