Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Ppl this is the last Q. Please help me out

Ok so now I have decided to go with 6" dob but which manufacturer: Orion or Skywatcher? Both make quality scopes but then the tension controller and tension springs which one would be better? Well SW has provision for 2" ahh I am confused.

Hello mate, I have just bought a SkyWatcher scope, and have to say, it is everything I could want, easy setup, easy use, and so far great views.

I have never used an Orion so can't comment on that, but I am very happy with my choice.

Do you mean Orion (USA) or Orion Optics (UK) ?. If it's the former then the optics are exactly the same as the Skywatcher. The Orion (USA) equivalents seems to cost more in the UK than the Skywatcher ones. Orion Optics (UK) do a 6" on a dobsonian mount as well but that costs getting on for £600.

Have an American Orion 8* dob, much modified and more weight on the top with a right angle finder. It slips with the spring stiffeners used on the Orion version so would recommend the SkyWatcher as you probably wont have to add balancing weights.

Whatever you choose, enjoy.

Archived