Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mars 12th Feb

Clayton

Too tired to write the full story, but got up early at 1:30 am on the advice of Skippy. It was lovely and clear but the seeing was down a bit on the prediction. I was all geared up to try out the 14", but for some reason? it was not tracking really well. and after several attempts to rectify it and IC Cap throwing a wobbly (my fault for not noticing that the wrong codec was selected) I spat the dummy and swapped back to the 8", and had a lovely relaxing nignt imaging and eyeballing Saturn through the 14". It truely looks magnificant through the 14" which is probably why I haven't hit it with something big and hard to date, although to be fair there are times when it tracks surprisingly well.

So I was a bit late starting, and as I mentioned the seeing was down a bit, so proper collimation was out of the question as I am sure it will always be with the 8".

This was only a rough process through Castrator, DeBayer, R6, and CS3.

I still want to try out some other processing methods, bit finding time is difficult.

In spite of everything I was happy with this initial result.

post-16237-133877730714_thumb.jpg

Archived