Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Netbook for Backyard EOS?

osbourne one-nil

I'm a bit reluctant to use my super-dooper work laptop outside in the cold to run Backyard EOS, but we do have an old Netbook; A Dell Mini 1011. Ok it's pink, but I can always spray paint it.

Does anyone know if it'll be any use? I think it's spec is an Intel Atom 1.6GHz processor, 1GB of RAM and a 1024 x 600 monitor.

If that wasn't up to the job, can anyone recommend a netbook (or tablet I suppose) that would be?

Yep, same spec as mine and that's working fine with EOS Utilities, SharpCap, CdC, EQMOD, ASCOM, APT etc. all running at the same time. I use a 17" monitor with it for a better view.

What does the colour matter?! Goes with the red light anyway :)

Same here, similar spec netbook and it runs all my image capturing software without a problem.

BYE also scales perfectly to a netbook size resolution (not that a larger screen wouldn't be nicer!) but you don't have to worry about bits of the app going off the screen.

That's great. I'll see if I can remove Bin Weevils, Facebook, Club Penguin, every single browser addition ever, make up smears, Monster Munch crumbs and a missing K key....and then download the software.

As for it being pink, it matters because I'll be using it with my 12yr old son, and even invisible pink is not going to be allowed for him. I suspect this might end-up the first camouflaged netbook.

I also use a netbook but I've found that some of the Canon software does not want to work at 1024 x 600. It demands minimum 1024 x 768. Other than the obvious solution of connecting an external monitor I don't know of a work-around. Perhaps someone else does.

I also use a netbook but I've found that some of the Canon software does not want to work at 1024 x 600. It demands minimum 1024 x 768. Other than the obvious solution of connecting an external monitor I don't know of a work-around. Perhaps someone else does.

You can set up the display to a virtual resolution and then pan around it with a window of 1024 x600.

I use a dual core atom nettop box for my astro setup it works fine running Starry Night Pro, Maxim , Ascom, PHD, Focus Max, VNC

Regards

Kevin

This looks pretty good to me - 4GB ram, Windows 7 64 bit, 1366 x 768 resolution....but would that resolution cause a problem or could BYE scale to that too?

LENOVO Ideapad S205 11.6" Laptop buy online | Currys

Ended up buying one of these today in the end, as the spec is amazing for the price, and it's actually even up to AutoCAD on the train, which is something I need quite often. Bargain if you ask me.

I'm a bit reluctant to use my super-dooper work laptop outside in the cold to run Backyard EOS, but we do have an old Netbook; A Dell Mini 1011. Ok it's pink, but I can always spray paint it.

Does anyone know if it'll be any use? I think it's spec is an Intel Atom 1.6GHz processor, 1GB of RAM and a 1024 x 600 monitor.

If that wasn't up to the job, can anyone recommend a netbook (or tablet I suppose) that would be?

You should be fine with those specs.

Thank you for using BackyardEOS

Guylain

(creator of BackyardEOS)

Archived