Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Synscan Tour

Features include "Feng Shui functions designed to.....calculate your fortunes..."

:)

You can find more details in pg 61. It appears to have absolutely nothing to do with astronomy. It doesn't even pretends to have any celestial connection. All you do is stand in the middle of your room, rotate it 360deg, and enter your date and place of birth.

What an odd thing to put in.

Apart from that, this thing looks much more powerful than the Vixen's Starbook. My SBS has just lost its resale value.

I can't understand why they don't opt for a wireless Android device interface. Certainly would be a lot cheaper to everyone without kicking too much of their profits.

I suspect by the time they have finished paying everyones copyright fees on the use of Android, it's not so cheap ...

Microsoft are one of the biggest earners for every handset that is released running Android :) (Strange but true!)

I note that it will track EQ mounts in both RA and Dec if you have cone error (i.e. do a 3-star align). I don't think the current Synscan controller does this (I always wondered why not, seeing at it seems the sensible thing to do).

NigelM

Archived