Telrad,,,,

Where would be the best place to buy a telrad finder for my astro 130eq,,something to make this scope sound a bit better and look smart,,,would it work on this type of scope ,,has someone with the same scope got an telrad on there's,,,i've read so much about it i've gotta get myself 1,,,thanks alot SGL

Hi Greg, I have a Telrad and the same scope as you. It is a fantastic finder. I brought mine when I went to the Scope 'n' Skies shop in Cambridge but other astronomy retailers do them. It really easy to use. They say you should line it up in the daylight but someone gave me a tip on here, find Jupiter and use that to line it up with.

Radders

I got mine from Astro buy & sell too, £35 with dew shield. I cobbled together some strips of non-sticky backed velcro to fasten it to the tube, so I can move it around and decide where I want it before sticking it down permanently. If you have a reflector, I think you just stick them at the top end of the tube :icon_salut:

Yeah was looking thru some web sites, sold them but were sold out of them,,,i will look into astro buy and sell,,doesn't really matter if they are a bit big on the scope it has to be better then the 1 thats on it,,,there is only 1 astro shop in dublin and its very pricey,, so gonna have to get 1 online,,when i get 1 i will have to ask you great folk on how to attach it and to set it up,,,i have some web addresses for the telrad that use them maps & atlas,,,jupiter is a great tip for alignment,,, Greg

The Telrad will fit fine. It's quite big though. The Rigel finder is quite a bit smaller but lacks the circles that help with finding things.

The Rigel does have circles, but only 2, not 3 as the Telrad.

Either Telrad or Quikfinder is a great investment.

Archived