Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Nikon Adapter

Davie

Quick one that should be easy to answer :icon_salut:

The Boss has a Nikon D80 and I was thinking on pinching it for a try in my 130 reflector. Now I am looking to get a 200 PDS sometime soon which has a 2" focuser over the 130s 1 1/2" If i went ahead and bought the bits and bobs to attach the Nikon to the 130 via a 1 1/2" adapter would I then have to get a 2" one for the 200 or will that not make any difference overall?

Just not wanting to buy a 1 1/2" adapter only to find I should have waited and bought a 2" one

Not sure if that makes sence or not but im needing my bed :) so please excuse the ramblings

Is it a Skywatcher Reflector? If so, or something similar, you might be able to unscrew the inch and a quarter adapter off the focusser and screw your Nikon T-ring directly onto the revealed thread.

It is always bes to go for the 2" adapter to avoid Vignetting, but using an adapter like this might produce problems with the camera reaching to focal point.

Dave

Thanks for the reply

It is a skywatcher but an old one so i dont think i can fit it directly onto the focuser so i might just wait for the new one to arrive

Sent from my MID using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply

It is a skywatcher but an old one so i dont think i can fit it directly onto the focuser so i might just wait for the new one to arrive

Sent from my MID using Tapatalk

Worth seeing if you can unscrew the focuser... I'm no expert but there has been a direct t-thread on skywatchers and celestrons for a while, I think.

You're looking for an M42 male thread (t-thread) - i.e. 42mm in diameter... if you have one you should be able to see it on the outside of the drawtube. This is by far the best way to attach a DSLR as you may struggle to obtain focus using a t-adapter inserted in to the drawtube...

Good luck, Ian

Archived