is this any good

hi ,

have been using bino's for a few months and was looking at some telescope's [have a limited budget ] seen this and was wondering what you think of it?

First Light Optics - Skywatcher Explorer 130M or do i go for the goto one at £100 dearer?

First Light Optics - Skywatcher Explorer 130P SynScan AZ GOTO

or just stick to my helios nature plus 10x50 and a tripod

Not sure about the synscan but I had the 130p and it is a great starter scope. At the end of the day only you can decide to buy a scope or not. For the price of the 130p Synscan GOTO the Skywatcher Skyliner 200p Dob seems to be the choice of most people, me included. Aperture is king. If you are happy with your Bino`s, I would carry on researching telescopes while enjoying the views through your Bino`s. Good luck with your decision.

hi ,

have been using bino's for a few months and was looking at some telescope's [have a limited budget ] seen this and was wondering what you think of it?

First Light Optics - Skywatcher Explorer 130M or do i go for the goto one at £100 dearer?

First Light Optics - Skywatcher Explorer 130P SynScan AZ GOTO

or just stick to my helios nature plus 10x50 and a tripod

I have the 130P in manual form, for my level and experience it is fab. It all depends on a) your budget, and :D what you want to be observing. However for its price I couldn't argue with the optical and build quality of the Skywatcher 130.

Cheers

thanks i lke the look of the dobsonian but it looks quite a bit bulky and the 130p looks nice but the 130m has the drive included [take it this is a bit of a gimmick ] i tend to do the moon [1st and last quarter stuff ] and hope to get out into the great outdoors near glasgow in about a month ,so is the dobsonian a bit bulky to transport??

thanks peeps ,

Think i will continue with my bino's for another few months and then see how much i have and what i can afford to buy[and to let me do some more studying of what is avaliable ]would like to get into photography so will obviously need deeper pockets

thanks again

dave

Archived