Day off treat with the Solarscope

Montana

Today I dared to take the day off as it was forecast to be sunny and the weekend horrible. It was -5 degrees C but I was desperate to get the Solarscope SF-100 out as it has been teasing me since last November when the sun exited my garden.

Today the Sun was well above my neighbour's tree yippee!!!

Here are a few images, the first in B&W and colour, the others just in B&W.

Taken with Solarscope SF-100 / 2x Barlow / DMK41

6812311885_1a48fa6175_b.jpg

AR11410 & AR11413 by Alexandra's Astronomy, on Flickr

6812312783_c520d42c8e_z.jpg

AR11410 & AR11413 false colour by Alexandra's Astronomy, on Flickr

6812299219_8d4fbb6fd5_z.jpg

2012-02-03 12-07-10 by Alexandra's Astronomy, on Flickr

6812297987_a527278cb1_z.jpg

2012-02-03 11-58-23 by Alexandra's Astronomy, on Flickr

Kind regards

Alexandra

Very, very nice!!

Great images there...the detail is extraordinary....well worth taking a "sickie"

(I figure another two/ three weeks before my "solar season" will start..a combinations of trees/ houses/ hedges....)

No sun at weekends for a wjile and now SO cold! Great images considering the low elevation of the sun. Lots of lovely "combed hairy" goodness in those images, something I can't quite resolve in my scope.

Cheers

PEter

The detail on those are absolutely astonishing. I think I'm going to need a bigger scope! :clouds1:

Already spent all the engagement brownie points on a 2nd-hand Paramount ME, so not sure what I'd have to do to get the OK for a SF-100 set :D

Alexandra, this has to rank as some of the finest high resolution solar imaging I have seen anywhere on the planet. Very skillful tonal and sharpness adjustments and a stunning presentation. I dont know where you learned to process like that, but they must be quite proud of you im sure... :D

Archived