Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Stellarium and nexstar 6

Rapallokid

Hi,

Can someone please help me with Stellarium and nexstar 6 se.

I cant seem to get the programme to slew the scope.

Does the scope have to be aligned manually before connecting ? It is connected via a USB cable and the scope end is in the auto guide socket.

It appears to be connected ( it says so in the pop up window) but any advise on settings to check would be appreciated.

I am trying direct from Stellarium and not stellarium scope.

many thanks in advance.

RK

On both my SLT and CPC mounts, I connect to the handset not the autoguider port. I also align first using the handset and then run stellarium ensuring the computer system time and the mount's time agree. Never have any problems that way.

Brinders

if your using just the serial cable that comes with the nexstar you don`t need stellarium scope or any ascom drivers these are needed for the EQmod only, the white cable that comes with the scope one end plugs into the bottom of the handset and the other has a serial connetion that needs a serail to usb adapter fitted unless you have a serial port on your pc, check the "device manager" on the pc to find which port the cable is using, then open stellarium and go to the telescope control page and make sure that the com port is the same as the one in device manager and save the settings, you should also put in your location longitude and latitude.

save all this as default.

when using it this way you will need to set up the mount first and do your star aligns and then start up stellarium.

hope this helps, not setting the correct com ports is the most common problem people have, they have to be the same

I believe it is the same as the skywatcher synscan, one thing I found out last night was to leave the hand set with the "setup" screen showing, don't use "direct pc connect" under the utilities menu as this is for factory maintenance uses.

:)

• 1 month later...

Hi. This is my first post, hope I can help you. These are the steps i did to slew my Nx 6SE with Stellarium.

The first thing to do, and has to be done just once, is to configure your nexstar in Stellarium. As Red Dwalf said, the most important thing is to check the correct COM port. Mine is running in COM12.

Close Stellarium.

Once Stellarium is configured and closed, these are the steps to follow:

1. Manually align your telescope.

2. Open NexRemote and make sure that you can control your telescope with it. Once you have checked, right click on NexRemote and click on Settings. This will stop NexRemote controlling your telescope, but the PC-Telescope connection remains open. Don't close NexRemote, just leave it opened.

3. Open Stellarium, press Ctrl+0, click Configure Telescopes and Start your connection.

4. Thats it!! You can now slew your scope from Stellarium.

I guess there must be an easier way, but this one worked fine for me.

Hope it was helpful!!

Archived