Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M81 and M82 - finally after 3 years

Sparrow

Each year I've dabbled with this and never really given it serious attention. This time I've given it the attention it truly deserves. 3 hours 50 minutes of data collected over two sessions. A mix of 3 minute and 5 minute subs all at ISO 800.

I've always found it a difficult target to process as M81 needs different attention to 82, and it's easy to overcook M82. This time I've processed it twice - once for each galaxy and blended the two. I'm quite pleased that some Ha regions are showing up in M81, and there's a hint of the red jets shooting out of M82 (wish I could get them in better detail but I think that's beyond my scope)

Anyway. I hope you like it. I think I'll "put this one to bed now"

post-14401-133877726493_thumb.jpg

I've tried these two in the past when I had a mac-newt so I know how difficult they are to process together. Saying that you have done a great job!!!!

I could be wrong but I think the "jets" in m82 are more responsive in Ha so you should be very pleased to get anything :)

im trying to get this target at the moment i have 1 hours worth of data and need more but your right with the processing my m82 always seems to lose alot of detail when concentraing on m81 do you have a method for "blending"?.

great pic by the way

Archived