NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Why |am I struggleing to see stars thro polar scope?

Johnboy2011

I have a 6 month old EQ6 and recently I have been struggling to see polaris. It seems to be much dimmer than before and can disappear as I adlust the alt/az bolts. I also tried with the mount off but it is almost like the view is patchy.

The scope is orientated to clear the view of the polar scope, both caps are always kept on. Has anyone else had he same?

Thanks,

John

You do realise you have to rotate the declination axis to reveal a hole for the polar scope to get access to the sky, and after you've removed the blank cover on top of the mount.

My apologies if you are already aware of this :)

Ron.

I spent about an hour trying to figure that out last week :-/

You do realise you have to rotate the declination axis to reveal a hole for the polar scope to get access to the sky, and after you've removed the blank cover on top of the mount.

My apologies if you are already aware of this :)

Ron.

I have done all of that! Plus it took me a couple of days to realize I even had a polar scope hidden under the white end cover. The manual was a French bad photo copy, and I thought they were having a laugh when it said to point this strange device to Polaris. I turned the box up side down to make sure is wasn't there!!

Archived