Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hyperion 36mm Lens

Tinker1947

A 36mm eyepiece used in the 250P scope produces an exit pupil of 7.7mm which is probably a bit large and will mean that some of the light being collected by the mirror will not get into your eye. A 30mm eyepiece, or therabouts is a better bet, in my opinion.

The other thing to consider is with this kind of eyepiece is the aberrations you get. This added to the rampant coma of a 250P means only half the field will be sharp.

To get decent wide views from a 250P you need a good coma corrector and a quality wide field eyepiece - all very expensive.

The other thing to consider is with this kind of eyepiece is the aberrations you get. This added to the rampant coma of a 250P means only half the field will be sharp.

To get decent wide views from a 250P you need a good coma corrector and a quality wide field eyepiece - all very expensive.

Anybody want to name, names the CC is about £100, what type of EP would suit..

This eyepiece will give you the widest possible field, and brightest image in a 2" format. Some light will be wasted because of the large exit pupil but that does not seem to be a major issue with the 38mm SWA that I use. The central obstruction does not intrude once my eyes are fully dark adapted. Coma will be the same as any other eyepiece with 72* apparent field of view.

However, if you are prepared to lose a small amount of true field of view, the 31mm might be a better bet.

Archived