NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

A small bit of ngc7000

MikeD

cheers guys

well thats come out pretty good Mike , nice and deep.are you going for colour later.

Rog :)

might do Rog, if I get some good skies :).

There's been a lot of mist in the air bringing the LP up of late that's why I have moved onto some Ha targets.

Great looking image Mike. Astonishing what these little scopes can do. I can't wait to put mine to work on these objects.

I gather you did not have a reducer, and that's why it's only a portion of the nebula, is that correct. 4 degrees is a helluva area to cover, so that must be the case. Is this a subject for merging together from other exposures? or is it too difficult a subject for that kind of operation?

Cheers Ron. :)

I do have a reducer just haven't used it yet as I like the detail from closer shots.

Yes you could do a mosaic no problem, the link to the full Neb image I posted was a mosaic, (not mine I should add,It's from a guy called Daniel on the UKAI forum )

I also have a cheap ebay 200mm SLR lens i have yet to give a go that should get it all in.

I have had a go at adding false Ha colour to my image, using Noels tool's.

282_thumbnail.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

I have seen lots of images of this Cygnus region, and most of them are in greyscale which I tend to prefer. I suppose it's a question of ones own particular taste. These vast clouds of emission nebula can look pretty dramatic in colour, but I do lean towards the non coloured versions.

Ron.

Archived