NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

FITS files on DSS

stefski

Dear All,

I've got FITS files for my images (taken using GRAS). My PC can't read them, but I though DSS might be able to. However, when I opened the files on DSS the pictures are just black!:evil: I've seen the jpeg versions of them, so I know there are stars etc there!!!

I'm new to all these different file types etc....Do I need to convert them from FITS somehow or do I need some sort of program that can read the FITS files before I put them through DSS?:D Have I just missed something?:icon_salut:

Help anyone?

Cheers,

Stef

DSS should read them Stef. You could try downloading fits liberator The ESA/ESO/NASA FITS Liberator 3 | ESA/Hubble and see if that works. As it turns out I've been having some similar problems with images taken using the Faulkes telescope. In my case part of the problem was with the download, so it might also be worth checking with GRAS to see if the problem is their end.

Helen

Archived