Telrad owners with eq mounts

Just wondering where people with Telrads position the finder on eq mounts?

With some viewing of objects in the sky being in awkward positions, and the OTA having to be moved, do people position it on the things themselves?, top of the tube?, near the eyepiece?.

Also what's the minimum distance of an object to align the finder with the scope during daylight?

Regards

Radders

Mine is up the top right next to the existing finder. That's on a small reflector. Works just fine

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk.

Skywatcher 130. 9mm 12mm 15mm 20mm 32mm revelation eps. Meade 10 x 50 bins.

My reflector has a large jubilee clip and a platics strap position above the top OTA ring, so when it come to viewing anything i loosen the 2 rings spin the refector to the right position , and this puts the Telred and focuser in a normal viewing position, so i change my viewing from north to south i spin the tube to a better viewing angle...there is a thread with a picture of somebody elses scope setup like this, a month or so back..

When I bought the Telrad 3 months ago I aligned it on a church tower a mile and a half away.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk.

Skywatcher 130. 9mm 12mm 15mm 20mm 32mm revelation eps. Meade 10 x 50 bins.

Mine is attached right next to the finder scope so in roder its focusser - finder - telrad. Was thinking about completely removing the finder scope and mount the telrad in its place as I rarely even take the dust caps off my finder scope now.

It is worth attaching via electrical tape or similar that wont mark the ota and can be removed easily just to see if you are comfortable with the position before permanently sticking down.

Adam.

Archived