Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Twilight imaging?

I've been wondering if there might be a way round this not very dark thing that has crept up on us. Something along the lines of "it gets really dark in Ha, or IR wavelengths, just not in visible light". I know I'm grasping at straws, but is there any hope for those of us who have to attend the salt mines each day?

Captain Chaos

Same here, if it were clearer I would have stayed out til the early hours. We were forecasted clear skies from 10 onwards but its not quite like that out there. Venus and a few other randomly placed twinkling stars....

Just boot up start up Starry Night, switch off Daylight. Study whats in your neck of the woods but you can't see it for real.

Fast forward to darker skies, and meticulously plan your targets for the new Mak. That ought to keep you busy for a couple of hours.

Poor substitute I know, but short of moving to the southern hemisphere, you just have to grin and bear it.

Ron. :)

Ha works up to a point KK. The other morning I was about to do a few trial subs on M63 but it disappeared into the dawn. M16 was showing clearly in Ha for another 20mins or so, trouble is the guide star disappeared!

Archived