NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Skyliner 150

I am thinking of buying the Skywatcher 150 dob. But a couple of worries. I would need ti store the base unit in an outside shed, is that ok? Second how easy is it to follow something like Jupiter? I have a Tal1 on a eq mount and thats so easy just keep turning the dec wheel.

Iv got something similar (6"in my sig) I find just gentle nudges help to keep Jupiter in line I'm not sure about the base in a shed. Perhaps a cover over it might help (but let it dry after every night viewing).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just to chime in, i know it's more money, but consider the 200p as well. the actual tube is the same length, though the base has a slightly larger footprint.

i wasn't a huge fan of tracking planets in the dob much above 150x. with dsos at lower mag it's fine though.

Standing the base on an old milk/beer crate might help. Keeps it off the floor and keeps air circulating all around it. I dare say these things are well sealed with laminate, but if MDF gets moisture in it, it will swell up and there is no bringing it back.

Archived