Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The Deed Is Done

Craig20264

Well, after around 4 weeks of trawling threads, asking advice and generally making a nuisance of myself with beginners questions, not to mention upping my budget (got a strange look off the wife when I mentioned raising the pot, slightly worrying as I've not seen that look before :)).

Anyway, I digress, I've actually ordered the Skywatcher 200P Dob and have now started to pace about in waiting!

A quick e-mail exchange with Martin from FLO sealed the timing,of the deal, he said they were out of stock for months after last years Stargazing Live.

Talk about cutting it fine!

I would just like to take a moment to thank all of you who have given me the advice I needed to make a sound first purchase, without which I'm sure I would have been dissapointed with my first buy.

Thanks again

Nice one craig, glad you followed the advice, as brantuk states there will be a period of learning with it, and sorry to say looks like you will soon want new eyepieces as the supplied ones are not great but a good choice and it will serve you for years

Thanks guys, looking forward to it's arrival and some cold, long nights ahead. It's pretty dark where I live but I've also got a couple of prime dark sites I have access to, privately owned land in the middle of the countryside so can't wait. :)

DAMMIT PEOPLE STOP BUYING THESE SCOPES!

I'm just 3 days away, they just gotta stay in stock for 3 more days... :)

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, but I wont hold my breath :)

Can send you a photo of mine when it arrives if you like :D

Archived