NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Shocking Observatory Costing!

laser_jock99

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Laser-jock - nice ob - shame about cost [best not to keep receipts except for returns:rolleyes:]

I like the early Milky Way shot through the framework - I could do that IF I could get 12M neighbours to turn their lights off for 15s all at the same time but this worked

:)

Laser-jock - nice ob - shame about cost [best not to keep receipts except for returns:rolleyes:]

I like the early Milky Way shot through the framework - I could do that IF I could get 12M neighbours to turn their lights off for 15s all at the same time but this worked

:)

How good would that Lodestar camera be in a dark sky location then.......?

I may have spent two grand on my observatory but I've spent more than that on equipment. I do not regret spending the money - it means I can make much better use of the occasional clear skies that we get here. I get a good and uplifting feeling when I'm in there :) The more you put into life, the more you get out of it :)

I sense there's "not much in it" - I think (lead up time apart!) my "Alexanders" was well worth the initial investment. And some of the work would have been (at least physically) out of the question for me. But it's certainly true re. the cost of "sundries and ancillaries" as well: The "Electrics", flooring, shelving, partitioning(!), cupboard storage, painting... :)

Of course there was the temptation to upgrade the scope to match. Oops! No money for my "new kitchen" now... :)

How good would that Lodestar camera be in a dark sky location then.......?
From my experience don't think it would make a great difference:rolleyes: Just stack brief exp images AFTER removing bright sky-background to near black gets me down to mag 18 via 12" SCT :)

Archived