Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M104 - The Sombrero Galaxy

teh_feckerer

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5e/M104_ngc4594_sombrero_galaxy_hi-res.jpg

A link to a hi-res version of the Hubble image.

Has anyone here, zoomed in to atual size on this image and been totally blown away by how many galaxies are in the background on this image.

I have a tiny understanding of the vastness of space, but seeing it pictured is enough to blow my mind. I coundted 19 galaxies in just the top left of this image that was visable on my screen!!

Just thought I'd share

Clear skies guys :icon_scratch:

Hubble is crazy.

APOD: 2004 March 9 - The Hubble Ultra Deep Field

"The image required 800 exposures taken over the course of 400 Hubble orbits around Earth. The total amount of exposure time was 11.3 days, taken between Sept. 24, 2003 and Jan. 16, 2004."

Wow, I knew the image but I had no clue the exposure was so long!! good lord!

I came across that pic a little while back, someone had posted the link on here as I recall...

It is without doubt my favourite Hubble pic.

I'd noticed the two mirrored interacting spirals... would love to see a close up of those... looks like M51 on steroids :-)

Ben

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Archived