Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

July 15th @ ~3am

Simms

Just checking Stellarium and its seems that Jupiter will just be peeking around from behind a thin crescent moon on this date and time - anyone else aware of this? I`.m in Essex so I daresay other stargazers here will see a slightly different view.. Should be a great imaging opportunity!

Demon - ah, thought it might be a well known event, but havent had a copy of that for months.

Should be fun though, I think its going to be too low in the sky for me at my present location so may drive out somewhere with a good easterly view for that one. Also, doesn`t it start getting light really early at that time of year? It looks like it will be a narrow window for viewing.

I saw the last moon/saturn occultation in binocs - it's fabulous to watch and realise that two planets and the moon are in alignment for a few mins, and that everything is just moving around and spinning away in a great dark void. The jupiter one should be just as much fun :(

Archived