Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Rosette Nebula in Ha : 2 Hours worth

Catanonia

My 1st attempt with the 8nm Ha filter I have against the TS SuperNewt.

There was some question as to whether it would actually work ok with the fast F ratio of F2.8, but my fears seem to be eased.

A quick setup and snap of 12 x 10 mins OAG guided of the Rosette Nebula. Still having problems with my flats, but I think I know the problem now.

Also my filters and CCD need a darn good cleaning after all this messing around.

To be honest, I was expecting alot more, but 2 hours in 10 min subs, I dunno. what do you think ?

Anyways here is 2 hours on the Rosette in Ha

Full sized available here Rosette Nebula

post-16631-133877713692_thumb.jpg

If that was from last night, after watching the Sat24 pictures and looking at the sky temperature fluctuations, there was a really fine scattering of thin cloud going across the UK last night after around 6pm. Also, it was almost a full moon which would have made it worse, so don't panic :(

Considering that you have pulled out good amount of faint stuff. Will be good to see how it performs on a better night.

What is the reducer you use with that does it come with one or is it another manufacturer? I bet you this type of scope could sway a lot of Hyperstar users!

If that was from last night, after watching the Sat24 pictures and looking at the sky temperature fluctuations, there was a really fine scattering of thin cloud going across the UK last night after around 6pm. Also, it was almost a full moon which would have made it worse, so don't panic :(

Considering that you have pulled out good amount of faint stuff. Will be good to see how it performs on a better night.

What is the reducer you use with that does it come with one or is it another manufacturer? I bet you this type of scope could sway a lot of Hyperstar users!

Yes it was shot last night with an almost full moon, loads of high cloud. Just was expecting better that is all.

There is the corrector that is shipped with the newt.

https://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p4685_ASA-2--Newton-Korrektor-und-Reducer-0-73x.html

mmm, some HyperStar users might be tempted due to no obscuring of the primary, use any camera and F2.8. Certainly how TS bill it on the webpages as a real alternative to HyperStar.

Compair it with mine...2 hours in 20 min subs.... http://stargazerslounge.com/imaging-deep-sky/166782-rosette-nb.html

scroll down for the Ha only version.

mmm, aside from the processing, looks like 10 mins compared to 20 min subs is not too bad considering the conditions. Also got alot of flaring on the bright stars on mine.

I am still not sure if the fast scope is all that good in comparison to LRGB in terms of fastness....

Hi Cat I would check your stacking as the full res shows all the fainter stars are doubles

here my 4 hours with double the sub length though only with the baby 60mm (i will return to this now I have the flattener for the 60)

NGC 2244 19-11-2005

Might be the the deconvolution in PI or even the tracking not being great, can you post a piccy of what you mean as finding it hard to see what you mean.

Might be the the deconvolution in PI or even the tracking not being great, can you post a piccy of what you mean as finding it hard to see what you mean.

Sorry I can't do a screen capture

If you look closely at the full res image on Astrobin the top LH corner is the area where it shows the most

Steve

Sorry I can't do a screen capture

If you look closely at the full res image on Astrobin the top LH corner is the area where it shows the most

Steve

I think that may be guidance, will look through the subs again and see if I can spot the dodgy ones.

Narrowband seems to react differently to f ratio. I have been comparing my 10" F4 pics with exactly the same area and focal length pics from the MN190 (f5.3 7.5") and there doesn't seem to be a massive difference in signal captured to be frank. I dont for a minute understand that though.

But when it comes to LRGB you will see the real difference.

Let's face it, still not bad for just 2 hours :icon_scratch:

Narrowband seems to react differently to f ratio. I have been comparing my 10" F4 pics with exactly the same area and focal length pics from the MN190 (f5.3 7.5") and there doesn't seem to be a massive difference in signal captured to be frank. I dont for a minute understand that though.

But when it comes to LRGB you will see the real difference.

Let's face it, still not bad for just 2 hours :icon_scratch:

yeah noticing the same compared to my older MN190 shots in Ha mate. I think it might be to do with the size of the Ha gratings and the narrow cone from the high ratio giving lower contrast.

Archived