Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Orion with the TS SuperNewt Reprocessed with much more care

Catanonia

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have had a play and came across two issues, using a LRGB combined image was basically a mess, so I went over to RGB combined this worked fine, however I was unable to get a Good Colour Calibration. (all done with PI)

I have had a play and came across two issues, using a LRGB combined image was basically a mess, so I went over to RGB combined this worked fine, however I was unable to get a Good Colour Calibration. (all done with PI)

The luminance subs are very bad. I am guessing the moon was just too close and washed them out. I used a tiny section of it as a layer in PS and merged it into the nebula. Almost a waste of time.

You are going to need some very short Trapezium subs, I think. In the order of 5 seconds. Without wishing to start a tug of love with Harry, I prefer layer masking the shorts in Ps to using HDR wavelets in Pixinsight, since I feel the HDR process looks like...the HDR process and not the object. Try them all but this is my own favourite; Compositing 2 Different Exposures via Layer Masks

I wouldn't bother with Lum shorts, RGB is what you need and Ha to guild the lilly.

Huge potential here. That amount of dust fropm UK sies and pretty quickly is very impressive.

Olly

Hi

no need to argue there is a automatic HDR process in pixinsight,

not called layers but will mask and place the HDR data with a touch of a button , And they say Pixinsight is Hard :)

Harry

You are going to need some very short Trapezium subs, I think. In the order of 5 seconds. Without wishing to start a tug of love with Harry, I prefer layer masking the shorts in Ps to using HDR wavelets in Pixinsight, since I feel the HDR process looks like...the HDR process and not the object. Try them all but this is my own favourite; Compositing 2 Different Exposures via Layer Masks

I wouldn't bother with Lum shorts, RGB is what you need and Ha to guild the lilly.

Huge potential here. That amount of dust fropm UK sies and pretty quickly is very impressive.

Olly

Cracking image Cat - i see you also have the demons face in the image as well. Although my Altair newt is a slower F4 it is still amazing what you can capture with only a couple of hours worth of exposures. A fast newt would seem the way to go in the UK with our cloudy skies!

Sent from my Scroll Excel using Tapatalk

I'm wondering what has happened to the Running Man, he looks a bit fragmented, or am I seeing things, or rather not seeing things.

Not criticising mind you, the nebula itself is splendid.

Ron.

The Running Man tends to disappear in strong Ha signal. This extended object, M42/43 is one that really changes shape in Ha. Interesting.

Olly

Thanks guys, still testing and tuning, plus remember this was with a half moon about 5 fists away from M42 at the time imaging RGB so not surprised it isn't quite right. :)

I think I have fallen in love with this scope, it makes imaging in the uk possible again in short bursts.

Testing out my 8nm ha filter at the moment with the scope on NGC 891 pacman. results are somewhat confusing...

Olly

i blended in 20second trap subs,was too much lol:)

I used a pass of HDR in PI on the above image and then blended it in on a layer in PS. I agree tho, a dose of Ha realy makes it pop. Perhaps a seperate layer for the running man could be done to keep his shape (less Ha)?

Olly

Archived