SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Stargazing Live first CNAAg event tonight

melsky

Hi

Here's a quick snap of our sidewalk astronomy event we held in the centre of Chipping Norton tonight, we had splendid views of the moon and jupiter and it was especially nice to into bump into "Astrosurf" again.

If anyone is interested we are doing the same again tomorrow and on the 14th Jan we will be holding a dark sky evening at the Rollright Stones.

Check CNAAG (Chipping Norton Amateur Astronomy Group) website for details

Cnaag

Mel

post-16960-133877711996_thumb.jpg

Both Chippy events were very well attended and great fun. One of our members brought along his homemade 16" newtonian and the kids (both young and old) loved climbing the ladder to get to the eyepiece!

Fabulous views of Jupiter through your scope, Mel! (and no colour fringing like mine)

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

Here's a quick snap of our sidewalk astronomy event we held in the centre of Chipping Norton tonight, we had splendid views of the moon and jupiter and it was especially nice to into bump into "Astrosurf" again.

If anyone is interested we are doing the same again tomorrow and on the 14th Jan we will be holding a dark sky evening at the Rollright Stones.

Check CNAAG (Chipping Norton Amateur Astronomy Group) website for details

Mel

Awww, nice to bump into you as well! It's a shame my family and I were going to a panto at the theatre as I would have loved to stick around, but then I would have dressed more warmly. Boy it was cooooold! Of course that was due in part to a lovely clear sky.

The Rollrights event was superb, and again coooooold! Thanks for all your help that evening.

Alexxx

Archived