Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Tent Advice

Hi guys,

I've been looking at tents and think I've found the one I want: http://www.khyam.co.uk/product_tent.asp?category=Khyam&type=Family%20Short%20Stay the one I'm looking at getting is the Santiago on the right.

Its hydrostatic head is 5,000 mm and I'm pretty sure Jamie said to get a minimum of 3000 so this looks good. Its a 4 man tent but very spacious and has a fairly large living area.

Before I hit the buy button, is there anything I should be aware of or is this a good buy?

Cheers,

Grant

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Theres a couple there that look good but they are alot more expensive than the Kyham one, I looked at the Gelert ones from the other tent thread too but again, Kyham beat them on price :D

Can you recommend anywhere online to buy accessories like cooking equipment etc.. from? I want to get fully kitted out :police:

Grant

TBH i would take a trip out in the car and find a Camping shop to look around for your bits and bobs.Online is fine but if your are buying for the first time its better to have a feel.

Alot of stuff can be got from the Supermarkets/Lidl/Aldi/Halfords etc

It all depends how in depth you want to get ie single burner/twin burner etc etc,are you plannig on only weekenders or longer ..........

Steve

Grant, I'm sure there's one nearer, but there is one near me. We went past it one the way to Wales. They have plenty of tents out for you to have a look at and I'm thinking of buying one of these from there...

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/membershop/bd_starcamper3.asp 3 man, 3000 hydrostatic and sewn in groundsheet. Looks like it'd do the job. Godawful colour though!

Website for the shop... http://www.ibexcamping.co.uk/

Tony..

Hi guys,

I've been looking at tents and think I've found the one I want: http://www.khyam.co.uk/product_tent.asp?category=Khyam&type=Family%20Short%20Stay the one I'm looking at getting is the Santiago on the right.

Its hydrostatic head is 5,000 mm and I'm pretty sure Jamie said to get a minimum of 3000 so this looks good. Its a 4 man tent but very spacious and has a fairly large living area.

Before I hit the buy button, is there anything I should be aware of or is this a good buy?

Cheers,

Grant

It looks a damn good buy for the money Grant. I watched the video of the two guys putting the tent up and it seems a doddle.

There are choices galore as far as tents go, but on the face of it, the Santiago would appeal to me.

But it is up to you. I suppose your biggest headache will be, What Colour?.

Ron. :police:

:police: I couldn't help myself!

I wanted something I could standup in and bring my scopes into... I'm also going on a camping holiday over the summer wiith my girlfriend and her brother and his girlfriend so wanted something with two rooms and enough room to cook inside...

Nice one Grant, and a decent price too. The only draw back is, you might have to pay fees for two ptches. Phew!, 25ft. in length.

You will have to get a taxi to go to bed. :police:

Ron. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it arrived, eventually! They sent me the wrong model first so had to send that back to get the proper one...

Heres some piccies:

270_thumbnail.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

271_thumbnail.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

272_thumbnail.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

273_thumbnail.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

274_thumbnail.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

275_thumbnail.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

276_thumbnail.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

I'm super pleased with it, theres an absolute ton of room, I could sleep in the bedroom bit and use the rest to park my car in! It was also really, really easy to setup and take down, took hardly anytime at all!

Grant.

It might sound a bit strange but next time you have it up in the garden,give the tent a really good soaking with a hose.It will show if you will get any leaks when it rains.If you get any leaks along the seams then get yourself some seam sealent from a camping shop and apply to the seams.If it leaks in the material then it needs to go back.

• 3 weeks later...

Nice one mate, Looks the business. Now we know what Teminal 5 at Heathrow looks like! :wink:

On a slightly smaller scale, I picked up one of these....

http://tinyurl.com/2xpcfs

Only downside is it's like sitting inside a Walnut Whip...

Tony..

I think I am gonna go for this one as well. It's quite good spec with enough space for me and for my C8 and for good price. :cool:

Martin

• 1 month later...

Archived