Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Replacement EP and Barlow

Hi All,

Having just started using a Skywatcher Explorer 130 I have found that the supplied 10mm EP and 2x Barlow are of dubious quality.

Given the millions of possible combinations of EP's and Barlow's ranging from Unbranded, Branded Cheap, Branded Expensive, Branded Expensive but needing a Bank Loan Etc Etc can anyone please suggest replacements for both that will not have "she who must be obeyed" giving me grief for the next 6 months?

Thanks

Steve

The Tal barlows are good vfm but if you can stretch the budget a bit the Celestron Ultima 2x or Orion Shorty Plus 2x are very good. They're around £80 new but you should be able to find a good condition second hand one for around £45. :p

Hi Steve... see if you can find a local observing group...pop along with your 'scope...ask to try their eyepieces in your 'scope...most observing groups are really friendly

see what suits your 'scope...& more importantly...your eyes. then go part with ya hard-earned.

as above comments tho... BST are popular as are revellation or...for a few bob more..celestron X-Cel LX

Hi All,

Having just started using a Skywatcher Explorer 130 I have found that the supplied 10mm EP and 2x Barlow are of dubious quality.

Welcome to the hobby. The EP'S and barlows supplied with most scopes are not of the best quality. The TAL barlows are great for the price. EP choice reaslly is up to you and your budget but i can sy the Vixen NPL are quality for their price.

Archived