Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Fitting a Telrad to my SW200P Advice...

I've acquired a Telrad finder for my scope (yippee!!)

Its a 200P with a finderscope which I find useful and don't want to ditch...

Any advice on where best to position the Telrad in relation to the EP and existing Finderscope for ease of use/viewing?

Hi,

First off.... do not remove the sticky tape from under the mount bit of the Telrad.

Secondly, using a piece of string or thin camping straps attach the Telrad to the scope and try out various positions to establish which is best for you.

This process may take a number of days/nights to get right. Just be patient!!!

Once satisfied, remove the mount from the Telrad then,remove the sticky paper from the mount and attach to the scope in the desired location. Leave for a while till the mount is stuck fast.

Remember to align the Telrad in line with the scope!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also when using the Telrad, I try and keep the circles as dim as possible, this I feel gives the best views and helps to get the desired object into the tiny circle.

I also align the Telrad with the scope during the day if possible using a distant object ( a tree or a church spire... ) ensuring that the object in the Telrad should be in the middle of the scope as well.

I think you will find the Telrad is an excellent finder.

Cheers

Adrian

thats basically what i do with the cable ties. but i havent taken the sticky pad off so when i upgrade to a new scope i can easily move it over. does look abit tacky but then noone is looking in the dark (also is one of the best accessiores i have bought for my scope)

Fitted mine on Wednesday evening. I'd agree with using cable ties or sticky tape to attatch it temporarily until u find a comfortable position. I opted to go to the right of the finder scope as far forward as I could but ensuring I can still easily adjust the spider vains. I bit the bullet and stuck the base down. The only consideration I didn't take was my dew shield which will now need a notch out of it. Its a fantastic addition to my kit although a little larger than I'd imagined

Hi,

I agree, there are advantages to leaving the sticky tape on the mount.

I plan not to upgrade my mount, so decided to make the Telrad mount a standard fixture on the scope.

The Telrad itself travels in the metal case with the eyepieces.

I agree the Telrad is brilliant...........

Cheers

Adrian

My recently acquired Telrad is held on with a webbing strap until I decide on its final position, it is currently on the right next to my finder. It's a super bit of kit, straight to the Orion nebula at the first attempt...very impressed!:p

Archived