SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Meade Scope

Imp_Perfect

I noticed the guy suggested he was reserving at 600.00, I would hold my money and wait for better, 6 seems a little rich to me for a 90mm scope and you could do better for the money in my opinion.

ultimately you have to decide, but January will most likely see a lot of kit go up for sale.

I noticed the guy suggested he was reserving at 600.00, I would hold my money and wait for better, 6 seems a little rich to me for a 90mm scope and you could do better for the money in my opinion.

ultimately you have to decide, but January will most likely see a lot of kit go up for sale.

Thank you for the insight Rols. I will keep on looking for now. Bad time of year to be splashing the cash really. Good skies, but poor wallet :p

ETX 125s tend to go for £400 to £500 nowadays so that 90 is definitely overpriced.

For something of a similar aperture Telescope Outlet has a Celestron Nexstar 4SE which is comparable to the ETX105 on for £369.00 with a 12 month guarantee.

http://telescopeoutlet.co.uk/index.php/telescopes/celestron-nexstar-4-se-telescope.html

John

Thank you all, but once again my dreams of upgrading are thrown into the bin. Car needs repair, motorbike needs repair, and the christmas we just went through cost me more than it should. Back to square one on the saving front. (sigh)

I am despairing all the more now. Computer monitor (I use a PC) exploded in my face the other evening. Big bang and a spark up my arm. Singed my hair. So a new monitor is now on my "to buy" list. I am never going to get a decent scope *sigh*

At least I can read about you guys and your adventures. That's not a bad substitute.

Archived