Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A little bit of rain during a drought....

James

It's been a pretty grim autumn for me in terms of imaging/observing; the only clear nights seem to have coincided with my recent house move with all my kit packed away...

That said I have had a couple of 3-4 hour sessions and have been working on several images recently. I tend to stick with one channel per session so I have a fair amount of Ha data for several objects; trouble is, as soon as I think it's time to do OIII it's full moon so I think oh well, lets grab a little more Ha...

Anyway, below is one of the objects I've been working on. It's 19x 10 min subs of Ha captured on my Starlight Xpress H9, through a WO FLT-98 with a FR-IV. As usual I've captured using Nebulosity, guided with PHD and stacked and processed using PixInsight.

This is a section of IC443 aka the Jellyfish nebula. The whole object is bigger than my field of view so I picked the most interesting bit (to me..). I need to do the usual OIII and possibly SII - anyone know if this object has much of either?

As usual, comments/criticism is welcome :)

james-albums-james-foray-into-dark-side-picture14832-ic443-wip.jpg

You have my sympathy regarding the rain James.

It has been horrendous up here. I've never known such a wet year,

it has been almost unceasing the last couple of months.

Not that it has anything to do with my lack of an Image, I'm just quite not ready yet, but getting there.

I have seen Image of the Jellyfish with OIII SII and Ha.

Go for the data.

Ron.

Really???? We have had next to no rain this year, cant recall such a dry year!!

That aside you've got the makings of a very nice image there James. The detail is great in the Ha wisps, really sharp and clear.

What focal length do you end up with using that reducer?

Cheers

Tim

Looking very good so far, James - It would be GREAT to see some colour on it!

While it might have been drier in the eastern half if the country it has been "dire" over here in the west ...
I can vouch for that too - It's been VERY frustrating that most of the clear skies I've seen this year have been whilst on business in the Midlands and East. I have managed to get out 3 or 4 nights over the last month, but as a result I'm going to need to returf the garden in the spring - It looks like part of the Somme around the area where the mount sits... :)

Archived