Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What's the best globular cluster atm?

Hi all,

I'm making a list for tonights session of objects I want to view.

What in your opinion is the best globular cluster at the moment?

I wasn't planning on being really late, but if m13 and m92 are the only ones then I shall make an effort :icon_salut:

Thanks,

EDIT: Oops forgot about m79, will give that beauty below Orion a look in! The constellation really does have a lot going for it...!

Its not a great time for Globulars at the moment. You can catch M13 and M92 as they dip in the West and if you wait up you can get M3 rising underneath the Plough..

You could try M15 and M2 to the right of Pegasus as as well.

Most of the others are around the core of our galaxy and are best seen around May.

Mark

In the east of England, it's great but -3 atm. Gonna go out in a bit when Orion is properly up, really put some eyepieces to the test.

Thanks Tinker I have been using Stellarium for a long time. Unfortunately it doesn't show the messier objects and the like with their labels from zoomed out at all, but it still does a good job.

In the east of England, it's great but -3 atm. Gonna go out in a bit when Orion is properly up, really put some eyepieces to the test.

Thanks Tinker I have been using Stellarium for a long time. Unfortunately it doesn't show the messier objects and the like with their labels from zoomed out at all, but it still does a good job.

Go into "Sky and viewing Option" there's slider for nebula's, move it to the right until its suits you.

Archived