Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

spotted mercury this morning

smt1988

woke up this morning looked out my window and saw mercury for the first time. i was a little disappointed it looked similar to Venus just bright. glad i got to have a look at it through my scope that's another planet on the list lol :icon_salut:

Nice one. Have seen Mercury only a handful of times in the 20+ years I have been doing this. And the number of times I have managed to get a clear enough horizon to get the scope on it can be counted on one hand I suspect! It's an achievement just to say you have seen it!

Had hoped to try and pick up all 7 planets in one night yesterday but the skies did not clear until 21:00, by which time Venus had set and Neptune was not observable. Mercury does not get more than about 6 degrees above the horizon according to Stellarium so I am going to really struggle to see it.

David

• 4 weeks later...

Archived