Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Saturn and moon tomorrow

I saw it!!!!!

It was great, I was just scanning around the edge of the moon and suddenly Saturn appeared. Managed to watch it for about 10 minutes before the clouds rolled in. Here's a piccy.

image.jpg

It was taken with a Panasonic DMC-FZ5 digital camera held up to the eyepiece. I have great trouble trying to get the camera to focus on what I want to take a photo of - it's auto focus. I have loads of photos of my telescope mirror and not many of the moon and planets. You can see from the photo a large circle around the picture - is this a reflection of my mirror? Any help appreciated.

And another

image.jpg

Brian.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got to say I thought it looked amazing! I actually managed to get my finder scope aligned (on the top of a mobile phone tower) so it was no trouble to track :police: I took an image with a Kodak Easyshare C310 (budget camera) and managed to wiggle it around while it was taking the picture, but you get the idea (photography isnt exactly a strong point of mine).

Edit - typo.

post-13464-133877328177_thumb.jpg

Typical .. not a bleedin cloud in the sky tonight!!!!!! :police:.. and it was going so well at around 7 pm last night. I read it would be difficult to get a view of saturn before sunset but there it was, faint, but clearly visible in my scope and all was ok upto it going out of view. Had a beer break with Johnny H. while it was out of sight then come 9:10 all set to see it again ...ohhh Rubbish. Irony was that come about 10:30 it was clear as a bell again - compensation was to get some good views of M13, M92, M81 & 82 .... :D

Archived