Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Saturn and moon tomorrow

Looks like Saturn will appear from behind the right hand edge of the moon at 9:15PM ish tomorrow (22 May '07) but it will still light as the sun sets about the same time. I'm going to have a crack at a picture or two, clouds permitting, what do you lot think - not dark enough or what?

Captain Chaos (guess who is playing with Starry Night?)

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like Saturn will appear from behind the right hand edge of the moon at 9:15PM ish tomorrow (22 May '07) but it will still light as the sun sets about the same time. I'm going to have a crack at a picture or two, clouds permitting, what do you lot think - not dark enough or what?

Captain Chaos (guess who is playing with Starry Night?)

What time did it go behind the left hand edge? I've been in the garden all afternoon and in between doing stuff I've been sort of watching the moon (naked eye).Could I have caught this, if I'd known? :police:

arrrgh.. :police: i guess i'm gonn alose my temper.! i just took the scope out and the minute i fixed the last screw the clouds filled the sky! Do u think it's silly to hope theyll be gone by 11pm? :?

arrrgh.. :police: i guess i'm gonn alose my temper.! i just took the scope out and the minute i fixed the last screw the clouds filled the sky! Do u think it's silly to hope theyll be gone by 11pm? :?

I'm in the same boat, desperately wanting to see this, yet reluctant to take my scope outside just yet. The skies are dark gray with very few small patches of blue, its not looking good....

Metcheck says there'll only be 40% cloud cover @ 2100, but when do they get it right....

hey, u know what? I was thinking, u know there's a petition to fight light pollution... so.. lets start a petition to fight cloudy nights! :x I just wonder.. Who should we address that to.. :police:

Glorious blue skies here all day....... until about 8pm when a complete blanket rolls over. :police:

What I'm thinking is we need slightly souped-up Dyson hoovers, with REALLY blumming long poles, suck the little grey buggers right out of the sky!

Peonic.

saw Saturn go behind the moon... feint but cool... nip to shops, buy some beers, come back, have a natter, back out... CLOUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Loads of bleedin' clouds... this wasnt ordered, dang it... come on, own up, who bought a new scope and cursed us all!!!! :police:

Archived