Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Horsehead in HA

Penfold

My first bash in HA last night.

Only managed 6 @ 900secs but had to bin the first due to some weird tadpole shaped stars :( and the last due to cloud rolling in. :)

No darks/flats just bias.

Horsehead-HA-L.jpg

Perhaps I should have rotated the camera round a bit to get more of the flame in.

Very good for such short integration! Those "tadpoles" are obviously the guiding going crazy probably for a few seconds at the end of the exposure, I guess.

Are you dithering? Maybe it was a software bug that caused that.

I agree on cropping out the Flame. This image needs more integration though! :)

Very good for such short integration! Those "tadpoles" are obviously the guiding going crazy probably for a few seconds at the end of the exposure, I guess.

Are you dithering? Maybe it was a software bug that caused that.

I agree on cropping out the Flame. This image needs more integration though! :)

No I wasn't dithering, I'll just put it down to a glitch and hope it doesn't do it again.

Re the crop, I might try getting the flame in another frame and joining the two together... Perhaps!

Yes it needs more data, I'll try to keep at it.

Thanks all

:)

The tadpole things as said above are due to guiding momentarily on the blink. I've had it happen on occasions, perhaps a slight movement in the guide cable, or somesuch.

Thanks Carole, perhaps it was the cable as my velcro had come off the dovetail and so where hanging loose.

That's really great, which 'scope did you use for that?

Cheers Carl, it was the GT81 as I can't get the balance right for long subs on the TS, it needs an extra weight or a counter weight extension shaft.

Archived