Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jupiter

bish

Hello all,

I have had a webcam for ages but not really used it. My first attempt with the 200p the other night was really blurry. Infact my effort with the 150p a few years ago was better. This is the second go (celestron webcam, 200p, EQ5). Not the best but there are a few things you can make out so I'm fairly happy.

post-16820-133877703073_thumb.jpg

Thanks Gina. I wanted to use more frames to try and get rid of some of pixelated look but for some reason if I try over about 600 registax can't align them. Must be to do with my tracking I guess.

Looks pretty darn good to me Bish. I have captured over 3000 frames in the past and registax has only used a couple hundred. The seeing plays a big part and the higher it is in the sky helps no end as you end up with more usable frames. You can be less fussy and choose to stack more but it's better to go with quality over quantity IMO.

Thanks for your feedback. You know what it's like when you change something and are not sure if you prefer it or just like it because it's different. I seem to have lost some detail in the second. This is now my last effort until I get back out and do some more imaging (hopefully tonight!)

post-16820-133877703421_thumb.jpg

:):D Are you slipping down a slope there Bish ?? DSLR on the Xmas list next :(

It's scary. I'm meant to be a visual person but am spending all my time in the imaging section of SGL, processing pics and even looking at imaging gear:icon_eek: I've got the DSLR - but could do with an HEQ5....

Archived