Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Clearing skies!

Cloudwatcher

Just arrived home from work and the skies are clearing from the SW!

Fingers crossed,touch wood etc. it may be worth setting up later.

If not, I'm giving up on astronomy and will start stamp collecting.

You know where you are with stamps. I might even join the

Fun For Philaterlists Forum!

It was a lovely clear evening here (North Somerset) and I got around an hour in with the C8 then some hazy clouds started to spoil things :)

Also dew was a real problem from the word go here - I had to use the dew zapper all the time and even the Telrad dewed over completely within 20mins.

Not one of my best evenings but better than nothing :D

John

Gorgeous clear skies and excellent seeing here tonight! Right up until it started to get dark. :)

I've had to ask my quartermaster(ess?) to replenish the Stella hutch as its looking a bit sad at the moment. I even missed Question Time on the TV, being distracted by guests and stuff.

Captain Chaos

Out with the nighthawk till 3ish - great night :)

Can't compete with "3ish' had to be up at 05.45 this moaning but it was a great night as you say and I did stay with it till 1.30.

Bootes was right outside the back door so did a tour of the doubles in the area. More than I remembered and all pin sharp.

Well worth a visit or three. M3 next door and a few other faint fuzzies all made for a great session. :D

I'll put the stamp collecting option on hold for the time being.

Archived