Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Telerad advice please.

Just aquired the above for the 200P Dob. When I fit it must I place it just behind the finderscope bracket, or can I place it to the side of the finderscope? Silly question maybe, in other words must I remove the finderscope for evermore and just use the

T Rad.

Many thanks

I have a Rigel QuikFinder mounted next to the finderscope and use both together as a team. The Rigel to get in the right general area, then the 9x50 finder (I have a right angle correct image one) to fine tune the position and then a wide angle EP in the main scope.

You can put it (politely) wherever you like ;)

If you put it where something's obstructing it, well that's just plain daft!

Mine used to sit on the other side of the OTA to the finder.

Then I decided I hated finders and replaced it with the Telrad.

You can fit it where you find it most convenient. To try out different positions I temporarily fixed mine with masking tape. No you don't need to remove the finder.

Drummer,

I agree with Alan etc, you can put it wherever you see fit, try various positions - preferably with masking tape, once you're satisfied with it, use the adhesive tape on the foot of the base to fix it down. Have a look at this thread: http://stargazerslounge.com/beginners-help-advice/138821-telrad-positioning.html

Archived