Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

IC405 in Ha *Blue data now added*

MikeD

Not all of it but what will fit in a two pane mosaic from my 10" newt and HX916 CCD.:icon_confused:

Shot in one night, a total of 7 hours and 45 mins.

Bottom pain was 17 @ 15 mins and top 15 @ 15 mins.

The image has been reduced to 75% to post on SGL.

Mike.

miked-albums-mikes-images-2-picture14582-ic405-ha-15xx-17xx-75.jpg

yfronto-albums-mikes-images-2-picture14582-ic405-ha-15xx-17xx-75.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Got some some blue data for this on the 29th of November and the 4th of December.

I had been holding out on processing any sort of colour image until I had some more blue for the 2nd shot(right had side of the image posted) in the mosaic and some Red, green and possibly luminance.

But with the moon so high and bright lately and the X factor on tv last night I could not resist a throw together of the Ha and blue data to see how It was going to go together.

I used a 50/50 blend of the Ha and blue data for the green in this LRGB image and the blue added to the Ha luminance as a lighten layer of 50.

The colours are all a bit strange but I was pleased with how the two sets of data went together.

Blue is 35 @ 300 seconds for the left hand pane in the shot below and 22@ 300 seconds for the right( more needed for this pane.

Also attached is an animated gif of the Ha and blue data(as a "lighten" layer) overlaid

(click the image to see the animation).

Can't wait to get the rest of the data to finish this one.:)

Mike.

miked-albums-mikes-images-2-picture14757-ic405-ha-b.jpg

post-13376-133877704804_thumb.gif

Yes that shows up well in the attached gif.

Not sure how I am going to approach this in the final image.

I think I would like some of the Ha darker detail in those areas to show through in the final image.

Mike.

DOH! I hadn't clicked the gif. That really shows it up well. Probably some very interesting scientific answer as to why that should be like that, but it does make for a puzzle when processing.

An RGB versus a HaRGB image gives a totally different look.

Archived