Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Bam! Andromeda+Found= Bagged

Startracker197

Congratulations on getting our next-door galactic neighbour (in terms of seriously big galaxies, not poxy little dwarfs like the LMC and SMC ;))

Might be poxy little dwarfs but most of us northerners would love to have a view of them ;)

Might be poxy little dwarfs but most of us northerners would love to have a view of them ;)

True. I had a chance in South Africa last Xmas. Great views even through a 15x70. The LMC does actually not fit into the 4.4 deg FOV of the 15x70. Luckily I had also brought my 10x50, with a 7 deg FOV. Absolutely stunning in either. The Tarantula Nebula shone out, and various globulars were visible. 47 Tucanae is also quite a sight. If ever you go south of the equator around Xmas, bring a good wide-field scope!

Next time I am down there (or in Australia, I collaborate for work with guys in Sydney), I will take the 80mm F/6

Archived