Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Two planetary nebula

mdstuart

For a change I went for some Plan nebs tonight..

First NGC 1501. A nice bright object that stands out imediately compared to the surrounding stars. This one is found from the double cluster and then going left!

Thought I would give NGC 1514 above Pleides a try. I did not know what to expect. Well I found a line of three stars and the middle one looked like it had a halo. Was my mirror misting up? No..Tried the UIII filter. Now it was obvious a largish very faint round halo around the mag 9 star....Went inside and checked and yes I was not seeing mist!

So very nice set of very different planetaries...

Mark

Try ngc7662, the Blue Snowball. It's right up high just now and looked amazing last night at x120. You can go higher magnification to get a halo effect, the clour is amazing. is what it says on the tin!

That is the most recent of the five I have seen. I saw a hint of colour but no definition at 106x.

That is definitely one i'll go back to for closer observation.

Archived