Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

help please "canon 1000d "

astropete

hi all, can you please help. i have just recieved a canon 1000d (2nd hand) an there is no utilities disc for down loading pictures to a pc/laptop. can you please tell me or please leave a link to a free down load site so i can install the drive engine that allows camara to pc/laptop. or will the pc/laptop recognise the camera and install automatically. as yet i have no usb cable so i cannot try.

thanks

peter.

If you are using Win7 on the PC it should recognise the camera and allow you to download images.

This unfortunately doesn't allow any remote operation of the camera. for that you'll need the Utility Disk. There's upgrades to the disk on the Canon EU site, but from memory you still need an original disk to start with....

Hopefully someone can assist.

If you go to the Canon UK website, you can download the necessary programmes and drivers from there I think. DPP will open your raw files and convert them.

If you take pictures in JPEG, then any image processing software will be able to open the file. I always remove the memory card and put that into the computer rather than connect the camera to the PC via USB.

Alterntaively, if you have a copy of Elements or CS that has ACR (Abobe camera raw) then that will open your raw files and allow you to covert and change as necessary.

hi guys, i now have the files required, all i am waiting for now is for the camera adaptor and T-mount to arrive, and for clear skys when i start using the camera.

thank you for the excellent help you have given

peter.

Archived