New scope on the way

Thought I'd share iv got a 200p on the way with 2 lenses and direct slr connection and a step up on a dobsonian base (I think its called) for £279 delivered to my house from a shop in exeter,

Il soon be on my way to getting back into the swing of things :)

iv got filters from my last scope it has moon filters as well as the coloured ones so I'm hoping the fit the new lenses,

How much is the Barlow lense? by 2x I take it that it doubles the magnification? I'm just getting to grips with the lenses sizes in mm and that u have to divide the length of the scope by the lense size etc,

My previous scope, I'm unsure of the make as it's not marked on there all I know is that it's a 4.5" reflector it was a Christmas present 15 years ago all i know is that it cost a couple hundred quid,

thanks for the advice on the lenses il defiantly get hold of the Barlow, my new scopes coming with a 10mm and 25mm with a direct slr connection and a duel fit 1.25/2" focuser

• 2 weeks later...

I have my new 200p at home and assembled :-)

5f952f54-9a14-bfb1.jpg

I got these accessories with the scope, there's a super 25mm and a super 10mm, and I'm guessing the smaller adaptor is to attach the lenses to the scope, is the bigger adaptor a camera adaptor?

5f952f54-9a2a-2c0e.jpg

Also these are my old lenses from my previous scope they are kellner 15mm and a plossl 25mm and a adaptor with 3x wrote on it, is this the same as a Barlow?

5f952f54-9a3d-61a5.jpg

i wish people would stop taking pics of their 200p skywatcher and posting them here.

i want one .....i want one NOWWWWW.

ONLY KIDDIN. nice scope hope you enjoy it. id be interested to know how your first viewing goes ?

what was your old scope? and how do they compare ect?

clear skies mate.

You lucky individual you! That is one of the very scopes I keep eyeing up......

Just cannot decide between that dob or the skywatcher explorer 200 on the EQ mount.

Think I'll be going for the Dob though as it's a rock solid mount and (apparently) an easy setup.

Interested to see how you get on with it and if it's as good at travelling as I'm probably going to need it to be :)

Quote: "and I'm guessing the smaller adaptor is to attach the lenses to the scope, is the bigger adaptor a camera adaptor?" I think the "adaptors" are the 1.25" fitting and the 2" fittings that SW provide for the two different sizes of ep's available, whether they act as camera adptors as well I don't know as I am not into astro-photography, however, the blurb on the telescope states 'Direct SLR Camera Connection'. I agree with others, the 200P is great scope and you can do some serious viewing with it!

5f952e55-b2a7-5a7e.jpg

my old 4" with the new it looks dwarfed in comparison,

I'm hoping to go out tonight as its looking clear with a couple of clouds iv got Jupiter in the sky from night fall until quite late and a good view of Orion from the back garden :-) I'm a bit gutted though as on the description when I bought the scope it said it had a direct Dslr connection but I can't connect my Camara

5f95304b-b456-f800.jpg

5f95304b-b46f-ca1c.jpg

It has a screw thread there to connect lenses/adaptors with a 46mm radius, does anybody know of an adaptor I can buy that will allow me to connect this to my scope?

Archived