Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

HEQ5-Pro Time and date

oshb5

Hello all

Can someone answer me a question where the time and date is concerned with the HEQ5 handset When I plug in and switch on it from the handset always starts from 8.00 also I have noticed that also the date is the same date as when i last used it. Is this right because I thought once it was set it kept the time & date? if not does anyone have any idea what my be wrong or how to fix it. So that it is the current time & date when i next power up the mount with the handset please. like my Ioptron.. thankyou for any help

Regs Andy

P.S. Iv just had a thought Could it be anything to do with me connecting the mount to the laptop via EQdirect in between the times I have used the handset ??

Hi Rob

I thought I had read where it did keep time and date but must be mistaken.. Its same as the LED brightness what does that do? (Not the LCD brigtness or LCD contrast) I thought it would change the LED brightness on the polar scope but it stays the same weather it is 0% or 100%. Its not like the Goto Nova i have it keeps everything upto date all the time built in LED dimmer for the polar mount and also a built in red LED on the handset that can be used like a red torch also that you can dim But the best part its LCD has 8 lines so you can get plenty of info on the screen.

Also with the HEQ5 do you know difference in the handsets between the version 3 and the earlier ones?

regs Andy

I have the synscan az and it does the same, I always wonder how it can remember a time/date but not keep counting to keep the correct time/date. Non volatile memory I guess?

Very annoying as the power supply cable in use currently is a little loose and the power occasionally drops out requiring all the data to be entered again.

Answer is probably to fork out £99 for the GPS mouse but it's a lot for what it does.

Andy, the led brightness controls the brightness of the buttons on the handset, you can make then very bright I.e. 100% or reduce there light, not sure what what the outer version do or don't do but I belive that the newer version has the abilty to reduce the polar scope brightness as well. Not 100% on that I might be the eq6 models.

Like I was saying My ioptron keeps loads of information like that I stil have it . It is quite a good after market goto Its fitted to a CG5 which is just over a year old and it is a better mount that the CG5-GT both in goto and guiding. But it is not stepper motor it is DC motors with encoders fitted which makes it as noisy as the coffee grinder itself. Other than this noise I would have kept it but my neighbours would not have been happy LOL. And another good thing about it was it only stood me about £350 a hundred quid less than the second hand HEQ5pro im using now but boy is it quite now iv had it apart and been through it. Iv even been thinking about ballracing the idler gears to a set of roller bearings that would make it like wisper lol

Andy

Archived