Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

1st of November already

spaceboy

I was checking my sky at night calender to see what events I will be missing out on due to cloud and suddenly realized it's now the 1st of November. I feel almost as if I have spent the last 9 months in hibernation wishing away the year in hope I will get more observing in with the dark nights. Sad to say that the cloud cover doesn't change with the seasons so I'm no better off. While we were lucky to get some breaks in the cloud at PSP the only clear night I've had at home which I missed as I was so tired the seeing was reported to be terrible anyway.

I'm beginning to think I should take up an additional / alternative summer time hobby that isn't so reliant on the weather. Don't want to be wishing the great British summer away every year do I :icon_salut:.

I have clear skies forecast for tonight so I'm going to go up to Macclesfield Forest and see if I can finally resolve the issues with my GoTo alignment - so tomorrow I'll either be posting a great observing report or writing a letter to Santa asking for a 10" Dob for Xmas!

Archived