Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

picture review of the moonlite CR2 from FLO

I recently purchased a Moonlite CR2 from Steve at FLO and to say I am impressed with it is an understatement. I said to Steve I would do some photos of the item to put in the room from out of box to on the scope, so here they are, I will do a write up in another thread, or this one will become a little heavy.

There were pictures here but i dont know where they went

Thanks for the photos - very useful.

I'm already sold on this focuser and it will more than likely be one of the first upgrades when I get my Skyliner dob.

Quick question about the curved spacer between the tube and the focuser body:

http://iseestars.net/image/8640/large/image.jpg

Is it a 'one fits all' or is the spacer supplied to fit the tube you have? - obviously an 8" tube is going to have a steeper curve than, say, a 12" tube.

Is it a 'one fits all' or is the spacer supplied to fit the tube you have?

The spacer supplied will match the tube diamater precisely.

It also uses the existing holes so no drilling required.

I am currently working with Ron at Moonlite to fine-tune the installation kit (for Skywatcher Explorer series) and would like to thank those members waiting on the outcome for their patience while this happens :salute: :)

• 3 weeks later...

That'd look real good on my black tube-d Celestron. I have been looking around at other makes, but this seems to be the only one that does dual speed and no need for drilling holes into the tube for installation. It's certainly on my shopping list...

That'd look real good on my black tube-d Celestron.

I certainly think it looks good on mine! This focuser is a fantastic piece of kit - my only regret is that I didn't go for the tri-knob version but its a small regret... :police:

Archived